About Me

My photo
I am currently teaching kindergarten at Lenawee Christian School in Adrian, Michigan!

Welcome!

Welcome to my first educational blog! I am currently working on an online class to learn more about Web 2.0 tools available to me both personally and professionally. I look forward to learning a lot this summer!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

23 Things: Thing 18 #1

What did you like about the presentation you embedded? How might Slideshare be useful in the classroom? out of the classroom?

I really liked that when you viewed a presentation that you were given suggestions for related presentations as well. Wow this could save a ton of time if you could find presentations that people have made instead of everyone recreating the wheel. I also love that you can upload files from Slideshare directly to a variety of other collaborative sites.

I chose two presentations to embed. The first is this one about multiplication which is a huge concept that third graders work on. I don't think that this presentation is particularly exciting but may at least be a great way to either begin a lesson or as a reinforcement and visual representation after I've already given some verbal introduction. We do know that all students, based on their age, have a limit to how long they can attend to instruction before they need a transition or change of materials or pace. These presentations could easily do that.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, isn't it marvelous? We can be "learners" all the time by viewing other peoples' content. It's so easy now to share the wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and I think it's been a long time coming for educators.

    ReplyDelete