About Me

My photo
I am currently teaching kindergarten at Lenawee Christian School in Adrian, Michigan!

Welcome!

Welcome to my first educational blog! I am currently working on an online class to learn more about Web 2.0 tools available to me both personally and professionally. I look forward to learning a lot this summer!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Read This Book!

I just finished the book Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell and have to recommend it to others. This book looks hard at successful people and examines more than just there ambitious, hard-working nature. It was amazing to read about all of the factors (birth place and time, time for practicing, cultural background, socioeconomic background) that led to their success. Malcolm Gladwell does believe that successful individuals are talented, determined, and bright but has also uncovered many other factors in making those successful people more likely to rise to the top. I've also posted a link to his site. Read this book and you'll think differently about success.
www.gladwell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment