About Me

My photo
I am currently teaching kindergarten at Lenawee Christian School in Adrian, Michigan!

Welcome!

Welcome to my first educational blog! I am currently working on an online class to learn more about Web 2.0 tools available to me both personally and professionally. I look forward to learning a lot this summer!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

23 Things: Thing 17

Give a review of the tool you explored - what worked, what didn't work, how might it be used in your personal or professional life?

I tried out the bubbl.us site and Remember the Milk. I like the collaborative nature of both of these sites. I think that students would enjoy using bubbl.us to collaborate on a variety of assignments either before the project begins to decide who takes which role or during a project to plan out where the project needs to go. Remember the Milk is a great way to create a to-do list. I saw this used at MACUL and how you can send and receive your to-do list by phone or email as well as checking the site. Pretty cool. This task list could also be used by groups of adults or students who are working together to complete a project and could eliminate the need for meetings that are simply used to check the status of the task list.

For students using these sites, we would definitely need to think about how to manage account creation. Would students each have their individual accounts or would there be a class login that everyone would use? Management of these things always takes some time to think about and try out before using with students. Even then, sometimes there are hiccups along the way. As long as student privacy and safety are addressed along with any necessary parent permission, then other issues are solely technical.

No comments:

Post a Comment