About Me

My photo
I am currently teaching kindergarten at Lenawee Christian School in Adrian, Michigan!

Welcome!

Welcome to my first educational blog! I am currently working on an online class to learn more about Web 2.0 tools available to me both personally and professionally. I look forward to learning a lot this summer!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

23 Things: Thing 14

Include your Delicious username in this blog post so that others can view the bookmarks that you have chosen to share.
My username is: acspohn1

Then reflect on how you think social bookmarking can be used in your teaching. Does Delicious seem to be a tool that can enhance your productivity?
Well, when I first began exploring Delicious I would have said that it would not enhance my productivity because I kept finding interesting things to check out and spent way too much time doing so. However, in the description of this "thing" there were suggestions about how this tool could be used for specially formed groups of teachers and/or students to work on short term or long term projects. I can definitely see using this tool to share reading lists or resources during a research project. It would also be great as a way for more those who are great at searching the internet to share sites with someone who is having a hard time finding what they need online.

Share your thoughts about tagging. Is tagging a useful way to organize your digital resources and why? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages? What is important to think about before assigning tags to bookmarks or other Internet content?
I think tagging can be of great use especially if use a tag cloud using the key words of the day for your topic. If you already know that some people will search for something using one tag while many others use a different term/tag then it would be wise to add both. It's also helpful to use tags as a way to classify an ever growing list of bookmarks. I also like the idea of using specified tags if you are collaborating with others. I think that, before assigning tags to bookmarks or other content, we need to consider some of the suggestions in the "Thirteen Tips for Effective Tagging" such as: checking out how the most popular tags are written, remembering not to leave blank spaces in between words in the tag, and updating tags when needed. I suppose the disadvantage to using tags is that if you are using ineffective tags then you may be wasting your time because very few will ever find your bookmarks or they will show up in the wrong context.

No comments:

Post a Comment