About Me

My photo
I am currently teaching kindergarten at Lenawee Christian School in Adrian, Michigan!

Welcome!

Welcome to my first educational blog! I am currently working on an online class to learn more about Web 2.0 tools available to me both personally and professionally. I look forward to learning a lot this summer!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

23 Things: Thing 4

It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there - how do you handle information overload and how do you think RSS might help with that?
RSS helps tremendously by eliminating the need to go to multiple sites and then having to search those sites for the information we desire. Sometimes, because of how busy our lives become, we sometimes forget to visit sites or keep up with something that was once a priority. RSS can remind us to check out those sites but we are by no means required to spend our time reading those feeds if time is short. RSS also gives us the chance to see news at a glance and then pick and choose what is a priority for that day. I love using Google Reader to look through the day's information but not feeling that I have to read everything right then. Also, by organizing the information into folders, the long lists are broken down into more manageable pieces. And, although I use Google Reader, Bloglines definitely has some very nice features to keep the information organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment